The solo exhibition presents a selection of artworks that express various aspects of freedom as experienced by the artist.
Although at first glance these works emanate a certain simplicity, the artist manages to create an impressive visual dynamic.
For example, the spherical objects seem to vibrate, while the colours seem to constantly shift and change.
This vivid experience surprises the viewer and deepens the feeling of freedom by indicating that movement is possible where stasis is expected.
Over time, the experience gradually becomes meditative, allowing you to experience inner peace. Perhaps this is also a form of freedom – the ability to experience everything in a state of calm.
The artworks are an invitation to reflect on what freedom means to us and how we experience it.
Dates and location of the exhibition
18 -20 and 25 – 27 August 2023
Fri: 10h – 12h and 13h – 19h
Sa, Su: 10h – 12h and 13h – 18h
André Dumontlaan 67
Follow the signs starting at the parking:
See photos of the site from 2012 in the catalog of Manifesta 9.
The Freedom series
- Freedom #08 – Freedom of Equality€2. 200,00 incl. VAT
- Freedom #05 – Freedom to Act€2. 200,00 incl. VAT
- Freedom #04 – Freedom of Creativity€2. 200,00 incl. VAT
- Freedom #03 – Freedom of Breath€2. 200,00 incl. VAT
- Freedom #02 – Freedom to Rest in your own space€2. 200,00 incl. VAT
- Freedom #01 – Freedom at it’s core is Art€2. 200,00 incl. VAT